Faculty & Staff Membership
The Laura W. Bush Institute for Women's Health (LWBIWH) of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) invites you to apply for membership in a progressive and growing multi-campus and multi-disciplinary organization focusing on women's health and sex and gender-based medicine.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please provide us with a 200-300 word personal statement of why you are interested in becoming a member as well as a copy of your CV. Please email your statement and CV to email@example.com The LWBIWH office will follow up with you soon to complete the application process. Call 806.356.4617 if you have questions or need additional information.
Because differences matter, the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women's Health improves the lives of women and girls through:
- Research by supporting scientific discoveries unique to women's health and gender differences
- Education by advancing the knowledge of health care professionals through evidence-based resources
- Outreach by connecting with communities for healthier lives
Why join the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women's Health?
- Network with fellow TTUHSC/ASU College of Health and Human Services faculty of all disciplines and receive an invitation to our annual networking meeting and quarterly interdisciplinary interest groups
- Apply for seed grants (applicants for these funds must first be a member)
- Apply for our Speakers Bureau for external speaking opportunities with potential stipend and national recognition
- Show your membership and connection to the LBWIWH on your CV and credits
- List your name and interest areas on our web-based database
- Have a social media presence through participation in LWBIWH blog/health tips
- Have an opportunity to be highlighted in our quarterly newsletter's "Membership Corner"
- Be eligible for the annual outstanding Gender-Medicine faculty award from the LWBIWH
- Be a part of a variety of views in the field including research (clinical, basic or translational), professional education program development and/or community outreach
- Have a voice in this expanding field of greater understanding in womens health and gender-based medicine
Levels of Membership Include:
Membership is based upon academic interest and support in the science of women's health and sex- and gender-based medicine. Application for membership is made through the office of the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women's Health by sending requested information. Upon completion of application, approval will be determined based upon alignment with the mission of the Laura W. Bush Institute for Women's Health.
Full Member: Faculty of Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and Angelo State University College of Health and Human Services.
Associate Member: Faculty of Texas Tech University System and Angelo State University.
Affiliate Member: Faculty of other Institutions. Staff and students of Texas Tech University and Angelo State University with affiliation of a full member or demonstrated alignment of the mission of the Laura W. Bush Institute of Women's Health.
Resident and Student Member: Residents and students of TTUHSC or ASU College of Health and Human Services affiliated with women's health and gender medicine.
Members shall be asked to serve the Institute in various activities such as:
- Reviewing seed grants
- Participating in a speaker's bureau
- Serving on a symposium committee
- Serving on an outreach activity committee
- Reviewing membership requests
- Advising the Institute
- Enhancing the public relations/marketing of the Institute
- Other requests as needed by each campus